It could seem like shower seat options are countless. So how do you make your variety from the jungle of possibilities? Which variety of seat will match your funds, fashion, and offer the functions and functions you wish? Adhere to these 5 ½ methods to make the right option for your shower remodeling venture:
Step one – Decide the size of your shower base – The measurement of your base is a important element in selecting a seat. Smaller showers of 10 sq. toes or much less will normally only have ample space for a fold down or fold and shop seat. For mid-sized showers (ten to 25 sq. ft) the triangular shaped corner seat functions well because it is compact and useful. For larger rectangular formed showers larger than twenty five sq. ft the bench seat can supply the most generous region for comforting, shaving and showering.
Phase two – Recognize the sort of base/seat mix that performs greatest – With your price range in head assess these possibilities:
– (A) Fiberglass and acrylic seats created into the bases – Fiberglass is extremely expense efficient but measurements are restricted and if the base cracks or fails the entire enclosure must be removed. Seats are also constructed into acrylic bases. These bases are normally larger top quality than fiberglass but are more high priced as nicely.
– (B) Wood framed foundation created on site – A wooden framed seat construction can be built inside of a poured concrete base on web site and then the structure can be covered with possibly a masonry board (most regularly in the case of tiled showers) or covered above with a PVC waterproofing membrane. The gain of this program is the potential to build it in many styles and dimensions. The drawback can be the labor time included and also the danger of leakage if this installation is not completed appropriately (changeover factors amongst the bench and the partitions can be tricky).
– (C) Prefabricated expanded polystyrene – This content is made of one sound unit and can be created into bench or corner seats. These units are obtainable is a broad assortment of regular and custom made dimensions. It is waterproof, easy to operate with (it is attached to the base with modified slender established), and can be concluded off with tile or a strong floor material.
– (D) Fold down Brazilian walnut or teak – Fold down units are an superb option if you have a tiny shower (they use the minimum sum of space). Teak has a high stage of drinking water resistance and Brazilian walnut is actually ten X much better h2o resistance than teak.
Stage 3 – Take into account the height and depth of your seat – The peak and depth of seats can fluctuate dependent on the particular system and/or foundation producer. Usually the peak of most seats varies between a bare minimum of 14″ higher to around 20″ substantial (for people with constrained mobility the 20″ substantial units will be better). The minimum depth of a shower seat is generally 12″ and a lot of units are 14″ to sixteen” deep as properly.
Stage four – Consider the waterproofing capabilities of each technique – If you happen to be searching for a higher stage of h2o resistance in your seat there are some techniques you must set on the leading of your listing and other people you most likely want to keep off the record. The winning techniques for water resistance would include acrylic foundation/seat combos and expanded or extruded polystyrene systems. The supplies to continue to be away from would be the customized wooden manufactured framed structure (this is one particular that can be specifically problematic if you or your contractor does not set up them accurately) or the fiberglass foundation/seat combos (these bases have the maximum failure rate).
Phase five – Leading it off – The best of your seat is what is observed the most usually and will be crucial to the longevity of your shower. Here are some choices to consider:
– Tile seat (in excess of either a framed framework or expanded or extruded polystyrene) – If you select a tile seat make confident the structure underneath is well created and pitched slightly toward the shower drain. For best outcomes use possibly a sanded grout or for the optimum stage of drinking water resistance decide on a urethane grout in between the tiles.
– Sound floor granite, corian, marble or cultured marble – These seats will normally be put on best of the framed or expanded polystyrene programs. The wonderful thing about these merchandise is they have no joints to be concerned about h2o penetration. The cultured marble will usually be the most value powerful – the genuine marble would be the most high-priced.
– Teak or Brazilian walnut – The teak/Brazilian walnut seats match properly with the earth tone color strategies becoming used in a lot of showers right now. Although each resources are water resistant Brazilian walnut is incredibly dense and 10 moments a lot more h2o resistant than teak.
– Acrylic or fiberglass – With acrylic or fiberglass the seat will be created into the base – coloration selections will be limited.
Stage five one/2- If the selections are too intricate get in touch with a expert. Like many rest room transforming solution picks – the possibilities are many and the options can be challenging. If you are doubtful of what seat to use and exactly where to use it call a professional rest room transforming contractor. Search for a qualified toilet remodeling contractor by way of rating providers like Angie’s List, the Much better Company Bureau and/or tap into your social networks.
Now that you are equipped with these 5 one/2 measures you are ready to select the right shower seat to total your lavatory project.
Mike Foti is President of Columbus Glass Block, Cleveland Glass Block, Mid The united states Glass Block Cincinnati, Dayton, Akron & Vice President of Jap Glass Block New York & New Jersey – nationwide manufacturing unit direct suppliers & installers of shower accessories and glass block prefabricated shower partitions, bases, laser etched and frosted coloured glass blocks. bench seating In addition via Mike’s Bathtub Medical doctor and Cleveland Design and style & Reworking businesses they supply complete toilet reworking providers as well.