How is it possible to know which VPN Service is the greatest? This is actually the question that will come in our mind when we are about to buy a Personal VPN Account. When we see that you can find so many providers, we can not but wonder which one is a good.
However according to what each individual needs “best” can mean another thing. Some of us will need VPN to bypass Internet restrictions and access blocked websites, others utilize it in order to be able to watch foreign online TV shows on HULU, HULU Plus, BBC, Fox or NBC, while some only consider online anonymity. Anyway, effectively, a Personal VPN Service can satisfy all these needs.
Still with the number of VPN Providers always increasing, there are a few basis criteria your attention must turn to before you choose your VPN Service Provider.
Here are some of them:
1) First of all, take a look at the available server locations (this will be important as the IP which will replace yours is one of the server`s public IP addresses; this can enable you to access online programs offered only in specific areas).
2 ) The speed of the VPN connection. This is generally boosted by your proximity to the server`s location and is closely related to the Internet speed provided by your ISP. Read some reviews and see what other people have to say relating to this. It might be quite annoying to wait each time 10 seconds or even more for a web page to load. This may easily be the most significant aspect in choosing a VPN Provider.
3) The VPN Account Setup process. Some VPN setups require the installation or configuration of pretty much complicated software, while others usually do not and are very easy to follow.
4) Is the service provided reliable? The reliability refers to the stability of the connection. Does it work at all times? Any downtime? How often it happens? You can’t feel great online if your VPN disconnects every ten minutes.
5) The limit on bandwidth. This identifies the traffic offered. Some services provide 5 to 20GB per month while others offer unlimited bandwidth. If you’re a big of P2P, you need to be tempted to choose an unlimited one.
6) The technical support. You’ll maybe encounter some problems with your connection or a drop from the server and you may need technical assistance. May be the technical support tech-savvy enough that will help you? Do they will have enough knowledge to resolve your issue? Are they prompt, polite and proactive?
7) VPN protocols. In formula 1 streaming ita that you really worry about your computer data security then search for an ultra-secure VPN protocol like OpenVPN or SSTP that delivers probably the most advanced and secure encryption available. Some providers offer them as standard features. If not, PPTP`s or and L2TP`s encryption can do fine for you.
8) The price: once you check criteria above, you can compare the provider`s prices and select the best one for you. Do not forget: the most expensive is not always the best also it all depends of your needs. Prices generally fluctuate between 5$ and 30$/month.